New / Swisscat S48
Seaworthy cruising yacht
The SwissCat S 48 was designed and built according to specifications demand-driven owners.
– A controlled and flawless construction.
– Performance at all speeds.
– Manoeuvrable easily in couple.
– Comfort in naviguation and at anchor.
– Safety, reliability and minimum maintenance.
Ideally suited for people who navigate shorthanded — couples or families — the S48 can easily be sailed singlehanded. All manoeuvers are indeed centralised at the centre of the roof, near the helm.
This configuration is secured in difficult conditions.
Invite your friends to a Riviera villa
An enormous cockpit entices you to dive straight into the sea; the flush side-decks lead you to a comfortable trampoline; the master suite, for the parents, with its vast bathroom is located in one hull, while the children’s cabin and the guest cabin with plenty of storage, are found in the other hull, with separate shower and toilet.
The interior is very comfortable
The design and the interiors have been conceived and designed to provide maximum comfort and usability.
– Height under bar set at 2.14 m
– Liaison with the outside of the same level.
– Ergonomic Kitchen open on the cockpit.
– Mixed Cooktop, voluminous fridge and freezer with ice-maker etc …
– High quality Bed- on FROLI.
– Large and clever storage.
– Adjustable tables and seats.
– Domestic comfort fully customizable.
Conception & construction
The Swisscat Yachts has been designeed for extensive round-the-world cruising. Equipped with a series of outstanding features.
– Glass epoxy sandwich construction under infusion.
– Reinforcements carbon UD and Omega
– Carbon chain plates laminate on the hull
– Completely flush deck plan
– Glass Securit tinted glass
– Cutter rig with staysail furling
– Long daggerboards
– Dinghy laid on the quarter-deck with launching ‘SwissCat lift’ by one person
Design and construction
The swisscat Yachts are fitted with high quality furnitures. The owners have the opportunity to choose the colours,wood species, the fittings, the alcantara headlining, fabrics, interior lighting and layout of the interior fittings to configure their boat as they desired. The S48 is fully customizable.
The S48 summazired in 10 points
Epoxy & E-glass sandwich infusion
bulkheads & hulls reinforced with carbon
Optimized steering station
Designed for singled-hand sailing
High performance set of appendages
with Eppler profile
To sail in all weather conditions
JEFA steering system
High sensitivity & pleasure
Dinghy lift system
Dinghy fitted on a deck cradle
Roof windows in sécurit glass
5 times stronger than classic plexiglass (PMMA)
Deck equipment & flush hatches
Ropes and finishing by our experts
Hull shape inspired by the D35.
A fast boat in all weather conditions
Each owner get is unique color
- Year : 2017
- Design : Bydgroup & SebSchmidt
- Overall length 15 m
- Hull length : 14 m
- Width : 7,56 m
- Light displacement : 11 t
- Total displacement : 14,5t
- Airdraft : 22m
- Under water clearance [Dagger-boards up] : 1,1 m
- Under water clearance [Dagger-boards down] : 2,9m
- Construction : Sandwich epoxy with PVC foam Divincycell H80 in vacuum infusion
- Carbon reinforcements
This post is also available in: French